I’ve not been blogging lately, for reasons involving illness, work, and writing. After I recovered from nearly a week of being sick, I found myself feeling too tired to write and to read a book to review. I had to dive back into work immediately.
So when I finally realized that the only way I was going to get out of this slump was to force myself to write and give time to other things, like this blog, I was suddenly faced with a problem: What on earth was I going to blog about?
Enter Bookish Serendipity’s 50 Blog Post Ideas to Renew Your Creative Juices. Read it and bookmark it. You’ll need it someday, I swear.
So this post is going to be about my blogging goals for this year.
When I started The Book Tales, I primarily wanted to
a) buy a domain name for the first time in my life.
b) read free books.
c) meet people online who aren’t rude and who like the same stuff I do.
Well, considering that I met all three goals, I was very happy. But I really didn’t have a lot of focus on what my blog was about, aside from reviewing books. So, for this year, I’ve decided to add more personality to The Book Tales.
Blogging Plans for 2016
1) I’ve changed the header image into something simpler but cleaner:
2) I’m offering affordable book cover design services and I’m hoping to get a lot of customers.
3) I will read and review more books from authors from my own country because they need the support and there are so many great stories that I didn’t know about because I was too busy looking elsewhere.
4) I will get more involved in the bookish community. I haven’t been reading and commenting on other blogs that I follow, and I sorely miss it. I mean, I wouldn’t have been able to write this post had I not read the lovely Jessica’s blog ideas!
5) I will finish reading and reviewing the books that I promised to review!
6) I’m going to come up with some monthly theme for my blog so that I can engage with other bloggers, not just to connect about books, but to get to know them better.
7) I promised to inject more personality into this blog, so I’m going to stop constantly censuring myself about what I should or shouldn’t write here. I promise to share more nerdy stuff, be it Anime, manga, superhero, or just crazy bookish things.
8) I will get guest posts and feature other kinds of posts here to spruce things up.
9) I will post more often here because getting out of a writing slump requires hauling ass and actually writing.
10) I’m going to come up with freebies to give away because it’s simply nice to be helpful to others and to make them smile.
And so that I will do my very best to fulfill my goals:
I solemnly swear that
I’m up to no goodI will achieve the following goals for this year, 2016.
If I don’t, then I will write an ode for each person who follows/subscribes to this blog!